Grill Master Needed
The Ground Round at River’s Edge, inside the Best Western Hotel, is looking for a Grill Master. If making the perfect burger is your thing, come join our team.
We offer a $100.00 bonus after 90 days, 1/2 priced food, discounted stays at any Best Western Hotel in the world, and other benefits if you become a member of our team.
As a grill cook at Ground Round, you will be working on a shift basis, and you will have to do your best to pick up where the previous grill cook left. Since standardization is the main concern of any hospitality environment, you will have to make sure that whatever you cook, it conforms to the organization’s standards for taste, portioning and visual appeal.
The restaurant can become very busy in a short period of time. The grill cook will need to be able to handle a large rush, while maintaining the highest quality and consistency of food.
Here is a list of duties that you will be performing on any typical day working as a grill cook.
• A grill cook will cook each dish according to set recipes, and ensure that proper food handling and sanitation processes are followed within the restaurant.
• Perform starting up duties by switching on grills and oven at the beginning of each shift
• Ascertain that all items that need to be grilled or cooked are properly laid out, cut, cubed or sliced according to specified requirements
• Perform marinating and sautéing activities according to established recipes and procedures
• Grill cheese, meats, poultry and vegetables by following set procedures and grilling times
• Ascertain that heat and timers are accurately adjusted for each item that needs to be grilled
• Put together dishes of grilled food by portioning meats, cheeses and vegetables appropriately
• Ascertain that appropriate cleaning and sanitizing procedures are followed at the end of the shift
• Oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of grilling equipment and utensils and provide feedback to the kitchen manager in case either is damaged or worn out
• Assist the cook in handling cooking duties by preparing ingredients or grilling them to make them part of a cooked or broiled dish
• Must be able to clearly communicate with other cooks, servers and the expediter
• Must be able to take directions and interact with other cooks on the line
• Must be able to stand for long hours
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays if needed
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour